my inner monologue unleashed

Thursday, May 06, 2010


It was a marriage. But more than that. it was a true union. Not a big white dress and a long aisle to the tune of Here Comes the Bride(s)…but a gorgeous satin skirt and a white t-shirt ala Sharon Stone almost floating down a short staircase dodging puppies to the sound of Coldplay's Fix You…and then hushed voices saying "fade out…fade out"…it was the most imperfect perfect event I've ever been blessed to be a part of. From the 4 dogs going crazy when the caterer knocked on the door half way through the ceremony to the 20 plus friends gathered around in a house that was being ravaged by hurricane-like winds…you couldn't have asked for anything better.

Amid all the drinking, the smoking, the dance party in the living room, seashell wedding cake for breakfast and of course the laughter…it was there. The feeling of being at home. Of being a part of a new family. Of peace. Of bliss. Of comfort coupled with constant electricity. It made me realize that it's really there. This urban legend of a love story. The thing we all search for. When there is ours instead of mine and yours. When there are no questions. No doubts. No what ifs…..just what is. Family. It makes me smile. It makes me miss someone and it makes me trust in possibilities…and then it makes me smile again :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home