my inner monologue unleashed

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

so much for being inspired by the new computer to write. by the way her name is natasha, thanks to some collaboration with Di, and she really is lovely. we had our first class together at the apple store, where the very nice girl gave me some covert info on how to download my iPod onto my new computer since my original iTunes etc were on the other one. and i totally did it myself! take that you pocket protector wearing geek speakers! i did the research, downloaded the program - turned my iPod into the disk mode and sucked it right onto my computer. i felt very accomplished and a bit like a ruler breaker...naughty little natasha with her covert music collection. and i totally had to pay attention to detail - so not my thing. i was reminded of when i first starting cooking and would just put all the ingredients together in the order they were listed in the recipe...big lesson when you realize that the do mean mix the eggs and flour together in a separate bowl or wait until the batter is ready to add in the chocolate chips. completely different outcome. i was paranoid i was going to erase all my music. and the best was in the FAQ of the program it said “i followed the steps and i still erased all the music on my iPod”...and answer was something like...”we told you what to do and what not to and obviously you were an idiot.” not those exact words, but not far off.


it saved me hours of trying to figure out what music was where. and yes, i do regret throwing away a gajillion CDs and not only for the environmental impact, but because i thought for sure i was jacked and had lost a ton of music. she also taught me that my iPhone has a gps tracker so if i lose it i just log into the system and it tells me where it is! i can even send threatening messages to the phone if i think it’s been stolen...the police on their way....I know where you are. creepy, (and potentially dangerous) but so cool. she explained that i wouldn’t have the same teacher all the time - it’s apple’s way of cultivating independent thinkers since everyone has such a diverse teaching style and knowledge base. which totally makes sense because the person i bought it from told me about completely different features than others i had spoken to. i need to schedule my next class...i can’t figure out spellcheck and i have all these secured folders that i can’t even get into...crazy over protective natasha.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home